Thursday, June 26, 2008

Leaving Angry

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today - don't know why, don't know how but Marty was just not in a good mood at all.
Thursdays are sale day at the auction which means $$$ for them and headaches for me. I spend the morning getting nickle and dimed with tiny little, annoying requests to get this unit (car) cleaned over here, wipe this one off, take a sticker off here, dress these tires - you see the pattern?
Any way - it's 110 acres of hot Arizona blacktop and the temperature is rising and not just outside. So I find my zen-like center, swallow hard and put out the many fires that seem to keep flaming up. I don't actually do all of these inane little tasks but rather I have a crew of guys who I keep sending out to various locations (like little orange-clad cleaning taxis) around the lot. I hate having them out there and I hate having to be responsible for someone else's mess but also they all seem to come in the same stretch of time every week - about 30 minutes before the sale. We are here about 3 and half hours before the sale but no one is too concerned with how things look until the last minute...
I know it's my job and tomorrow I'll be fine - but today I was rage-boy all morning so I concocted this story about how sick I was feeling and conned my boss out of the rest of the day- met Christy and she bought us some tasty Chipotle (we call it Chipoodle) - I suggest taking advantage of their online ordering at lunch - I walked in and walked out while the line was wrapped (literally) around the store...I would have HATED me.
Feeling fat smug and full - I made my way home where I took a splendid fiesta and now am typing away for you fine people.

Life is good.

1 comment:

alex said...

Turnabout is fair play, right? And yes, I do mean that sexually. Keep the blogging up.

And I love Chipotle.